Wrinkled fruit, wilted lettuce. You’ve seen your share of past due, even spoiled food in the refrigerator. Well, it doesn’t have to be that way – the Sub-Zero 30” Built-in over-and-under refrigerator with glass door keeps your food fresher longer with the most advanced food preservation technology available - technology developed through almost 70 years of research. That means crisper greens, juicier peppers, blueberries that burst with flavor – even weeks after you’ve brought them home from the market. You'll taste the difference.
With dual refrigeration, fresh foods thrive in a humid yet chilly climate, while frozen and convenience foods get the dry, frigid air they need. An air purification system inspired by NASA technology scrubs the air of ethylene gas, bacteria, mold and viruses. A magnetic door seal system locks in cold, while an advanced microprocessor monitors each section of your Sub-Zero for pinpoint climate control. Storage capacity for the BI-30UG is a generous 13.1 cu. ft. refrigerator, 4.2 cu. ft. freezer. Bottom line? More flavorful, delicious food for you, your family, your guests.
New! LED Lighting For Brighter Interior
- See all your fresh foods more clearly and easily. LED lighting is also more energy-efficient – designed to last the life of your refrigerator.
Air Purification System Fights Spoilage, Odors
- Many fresh foods emit ethylene gas, a natural compound that hastens spoilage. Sub-Zero's built-in refrigerators come with an anti-microbial air purification system (based on technology developed by NASA) that scrubs the air of ethylene, as well as mold, viruses and bacteria, every 20 minutes.
Microprocessor Control Guarantees Peak Performance
- The state-of-the-art microprocessor preserves your food by adjusting to your individual climate and schedule. It continuously monitors each section of your Sub-Zero for pinpoint climate control, so foods are kept at their ideal temperature, varying by only one degree of your set point. Also lets you finesse your lighting and cooling fan, tells you if your door is ajar, and defrosts when it's most convenient for you.
Helpful Freshness Cards
- Different foods require different storage procedures. That's why, inside each refrigerator, you'll find "freshness cards" that provide easy-to-follow tips for ensuring maximum food preservation.
Exceptional 24/7 Customer Support
- Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, the Sub-Zero and Wolf Customer Care team has a reputation for service that's as exceptional as its products. They're based in Madison, Wisconsin, just footsteps from the factory, and are standing by to provide expert, friendly, problem-solving support.
Magnetic Door Seal System Locks In Cold Air
- One-piece construction, extra-heavy insulation and magnetic gaskets around every door lock in cold air. Seals are so secure that even after power outages of multiple days, owners report no thawing of their frozen foods!
Adjustable Shelves For Maximum Convenience
- Food comes in all shapes and sizes, and the interior design of Sub-Zero refrigerators and freezers accommodates that diversity. Main shelves, door shelves, even dividers in drawers adjust to allow the most convenient configuration possible.
Dual Refrigeration Keeps Food Fresher
- This technology pioneered by Sub-Zero features two separate cooling systems. Fresh food stays fresher in the cool, moist air of the refrigerator, while frigid, dry air prevents frost and freezer burn in the freezer – optimum preservation conditions for each type of food.
Low-Temperture/High-Humidity Storage Zones
- Crispers and deli drawers are strategically located near the evaporator to maintain temperatures a few degrees cooler than the rest of the unit. Drawers are sealed to lock in humidity and ensure freshness.
- Designed to reduce contaminants and chlorine taste and odors when filtering water for ice, this low maintenance system uses a filter to last 1 year or 750 gallons. Replacement is fast and easy.
Rigorously Tested To Ensure Dependability
- Every component of every single Sub-Zero unit is tested in its U.S. manufacturing facilities before assembly, then every completed product is factory-tested for up to 24 hours before shipping. In its labs, components are subjected to electric jolts, violent vibrations and 350° temperature swings, and tested to stand up to at least 20 years of heavy use.
Over-And-Under Refrigerator Freezer Storage
- Built-in over-and-under units feature easy-access refrigerator storage above a full-extension, roll-out freezer drawer containing two-tier wire baskets.
Automatic Ice Maker With "Max Ice" Feature
- Provides crescent-shaped ice cubes and includes a "max ice" feature capable of increasing ice production by an average of 30 percent for a 24-hour period – just the boost you need for parties and holidays.
Clear-View Glass Door
- A single, triple-pane and UV-resistant glass door converts select refrigerator models into elegant and well-lit display cases while providing contemporary enhancement for today's modern kitchen. (Glass designed for high-altitude regions is available as an option.)
* Image represents a right hand hinge, right swing, high altitude glass model.